BASTARD PUBLIC LICENSE
"Protecting OSS Developers from the GPL Commies Since 1999"
Version 0.2, Second Public Release 1/5/2000
This license ("license") entitles those who obtain the software ("Program") covered by license to use this software in any way providing the following conditions are met:Section 1: Modifications and Adjustments
Section 2: Commercial Distribution and Use
- You may modify functionality of the original Program as well as add functionality to the original Program provided that you agree to the following conditions:
- All changes are to be submitted back to the original Program's original author within 14 days from completion of said changes for inclusion in his or her works.
- All additions to the software that are currently or have been in the past parts of other works will also fall under regulations set by the BPL.
- All credit for included modifications are optional by author of the original Program as well as author of the modifications.
- You may use freely the software for commercial use (see Section 2: Commercial Distribution and Use below) as well as any and all modifications.
Section 3: Warranty
- You are granted privileges to distribute modified versions of the original Program for profit and non-profit uses provided conditions in Section 1, sub-section 2 are met.
- You may not distribute the original Program for profit but may distribute it free of charge or for cost of media or transfer provided that:
- Credit is included in the original Program's documentation.
- Original program's documentation is included in the release.
- You may use both the original Program and/or modified versions for commercial or money-making ventures provided the following conditions are met, superceded those set for standard distribution:
- If original Program is used, credits for the software must remain intact.
- If original Program is modified, credit to the original Program's author must remain intact.
- BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(Note: this text was retrieved from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org as the original text seems to have vanished from the 'net.)